Jet Ice Water Treatment
The Pro-Ice system is specifically designed to provide high-quality water for the ice making industry. Benefits include increased ice clarity, low maintenance and higher surface temperatures.
Using state-of-the-art reverse osmosis technology, our Pro-Ice system safely and economically demineralises your flood water, substantially improving ice quality and reducing operating costs. Customers include: NHL, Olympics, College, Municipal, Speed Skating and Curling facilities.
Ice resurfacing accounts for about 12% of the total refrigeration plant design load and operating cost. Using Pro-Ice water allows the facility to maintain higher ice surface temperatures and a thinner ice sheet, thereby
significantly reducing conductive load.
Our Pro-Ice systems remove impurities (minerals, organics) from the flood water, which leads to a “world class” sheet of ice. Demineralised water alone does not guarantee a better ice surface or lower operating costs. We complement this technology with the professional support of experienced engineers and ice makers. We work with and train your operators on how to properly utilise this equipment for an ice rink application.
Water Treatment Package Includes
• High Flow Membranes
• Ice Quality System
• Storage Tank
• Distribution System
• Skid Mount Package – (optional)
• Potential energy savings dependent upon facility conditions
• Speed skaters will experience improved times (i.e. lower co-efficient of friction)
• Hockey players will enjoy the harder, faster ice surface with less snow build-up
• Figure skaters will enjoy the improved ice texture and visibility of edged lines
• Lines and logos will be brighter and more visible due to superior ice clarity